GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

MODPATH causes crashes

Patricia

My co-worker and I are having the same problem on two independent modeling projects. GMS repeatedly crashes (out of memory error) or just shows an hour glass forever when we create particles. I have tried closing out of programs, turning off the site map and other tricks but to no avail. This does not always happen but we are unable to piece together the pattern.

My co-worker and I are having the same problem on two independent modeling projects. GMS repeatedly crashes (out of memory error) or just shows an hour glass forever when we create particles. I have tried closing out of programs, turning off the site map and other tricks but to no avail. This does not always happen but we are unable to piece together the pattern.

If you will send your files to support@aquaveo.com and give us exact steps to reproduce your error, we will try to see if it is a bug.

both models are steady state but thank you for the ideas.

We just found out that GMS 7.1 needs a dedicated graphic card, not an integrated one. They recommend an nVidia Quadro based graphics card and it must support OpenGL 1.5. I don't recall seeing those requirements spelled out anywhere when we upgraded. Has anyone else had to upgrade their graphics card for similar reasons?

both models are steady state but thank you for the ideas.

We just found out that GMS 7.1 needs a dedicated graphic card, not an integrated one. They recommend an nVidia Quadro based graphics card and it must support OpenGL 1.5. I don't recall seeing those requirements spelled out anywhere when we upgraded. Has anyone else had to upgrade their graphics card for similar reasons?

Usually you can update your graphic card drivers from that graphic card company's website and that will update your openGl support. The minimum requirements are posted here.