GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

question about creating mesh

nidia85

I want to creat a 2D mesh using Paving.I set the "Bias" is equal to 0.1 in the "Polygon Attributes". When I run the

"Map -> 2D Mesh",the SMS popep up a window saying "This machine does not have enough memory to continue this operation.Save your data and exit.(myiGetArcPts) ".

Why did this occur?How should I resolve this problem?

The version of SMS that I used is 8.1.

This means that you are trying to create a lot of elements and your machine does not have enough RAM to complete the operation. If your machine has more than 3 gb of RAM than you are going to have to use the 64 bit version of SMS 10.1 to be able to do the procedure. There are other two ways around this I can think of besides using the 64 bit version:

1. Vary the size of the elements. I would make less critical areas or areas where velocity doesn't change much have larger elements. You can make multiple polygons with different meshing options. Doing that would reduce the amount of elements in the model and could possible help.

2. Break the model up into smaller sections and do one at a time. After all of the meshs have been created, combine the meshes into one.

Cheers,

Cameron

This means that you are trying to create a lot of elements and your machine does not have enough RAM to complete the operation. If your machine has more than 3 gb of RAM than you are going to have to use the 64 bit version of SMS 10.1 to be able to do the procedure. There are other two ways around this I can think of besides using the 64 bit version:

1. Vary the size of the elements. I would make less critical areas or areas where velocity doesn't change much have larger elements. You can make multiple polygons with different meshing options. Doing that would reduce the amount of elements in the model and could possible help.

2. Break the model up into smaller sections and do one at a time. After all of the meshs have been created, combine the meshes into one.

Cheers,

Cameron

Thanks for your answer.Now I have downloaded sms 10.1-32bit,but when I opened the boundary file ,SMS revealed a error-"cannot find file MODBGR".The boundary file can be read in sms 8.1.How should I resolve it ?

Thanks for your answer.Now I have downloaded sms 10.1-32bit,but when I opened the boundary file ,SMS revealed a error-"cannot find file MODBGR".The boundary file can be read in sms 8.1.How should I resolve it ?

If it worked in SMS 8.1 and not in SMS 10.1 then I would contact support@aquaveo.com and have them try it. Since the version you were using is pretty old, the file format may have changed.

Cameron