GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Kriging Error

Bruce Campbell

Hi -- I have a 2-D scatter point set I would like to interpolate to a TIN. I can run the linear, IDW, NN, and CT options with no problem but I get a memory allocation error when I attempt to run the kriging option. I have used the Kriging option extensively in GMS and undertand how to set up the variogram, etc. Is there a limit to the number of scatter points ( I'm using about 24,000 points)? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi -- I have a 2-D scatter point set I would like to interpolate to a TIN. I can run the linear, IDW, NN, and CT options with no problem but I get a memory allocation error when I attempt to run the kriging option. I have used the Kriging option extensively in GMS and undertand how to set up the variogram, etc. Is there a limit to the number of scatter points ( I'm using about 24,000 points)? Any help would be appreciated.

With GMS there isn't necessarily a maximum number of scatter points that you can have. The size of you model really is limited to the RAM that you have on the computer running the model. If GMS gives you a memory allocation error this signifies that you are running out of RAM and it cannot perform the task assigned.