GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Computed Heads for observation Points

Key

I have entered Observation Points through the map data function. Orginally the model would compute the heads at the observation points and allow me to compare them to the observed heads along with colouring the bar green, yellow or red (as it is suppose to be doing!). However, as I've gone through the process which includes addind some model layers I have lost this ability. The model is no longer computing heads for the observation points. I can't figure out what I've changed to cause this.

Anyone know how to get the model to start computing the heads at the observation points?

Cheers

If the observation points are in cells which are inactive or dry, they will not show computed heads. If you have added layers, they may now be in dry cells, depending on how you set up your observation coverage (based on Z location, well screen, or based on layer).

So....2 things to check: 1) Check coverage setup; and 2) (assuming you are using MODFLOW) under the MODFLOW menu, select Observations and make sure the coverage you want results for is checked off

If the observation points are in cells which are inactive or dry, they will not show computed heads. If you have added layers, they may now be in dry cells, depending on how you set up your observation coverage (based on Z location, well screen, or based on layer).

So....2 things to check: 1) Check coverage setup; and 2) (assuming you are using MODFLOW) under the MODFLOW menu, select Observations and make sure the coverage you want results for is checked off

Thanks, I knew there had to be a simple solution :)