GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Sample Applications of FEMWATER in Manual

Dr. S A Kartha

Hello,

I am a new user of GMS and learning the software. In the manual for FEMWATER, the chapter on "Sample Applications" (Page 79) has suggested that the input files associated with these examples are distributed with FEMWATER executable and found in "examples" directory. Unfortunately I am not able to trace this directory in the location of GMS. I feel there is no such directory in the downloaded version. I am interested to know whether anyone faced similar situation and also is it possible to obtain the input files of the sample applications.

Suresh

We do not distribute the Sample Application files that the FEMWATER manual refers to. It looks like the most likely place to find them would be at http://www.epa.gov/ceampubl/gwater/femwater/index.htm or any other site that distributes the FEMWATER executable. Note that these sample applications do not give instruction how to use FEMWATER in GMS but rather show how the FEMWATER model is used without the graphical user interface.

Hi Suresh

I think there was an earlier version of the FEMWATER manual that did have the extensive examples, and ran to more than 500 pages. I have seen references to it. But the version I have is like yours, and has only rough outline of the examples.

You might be able to get the examples from USACE, if you email me I can give you the details.

I am using FEMWATER a lot, both from GMS and from the command line. I am also doing modifications to it. If you have any questions I would be happy to help you.

Simon (woodward_at_lvlham_dot_lincoln_dot_ac_dot_nz)

Hello Woodward,

Thank you for the information. I will soon e-mail you for the details regarding FEMWATER

Suresh

Hi Suresh

I think there was an earlier version of the FEMWATER manual that did have the extensive examples, and ran to more than 500 pages. I have seen references to it. But the version I have is like yours, and has only rough outline of the examples.

You might be able to get the examples from USACE, if you email me I can give you the details.

I am using FEMWATER a lot, both from GMS and from the command line. I am also doing modifications to it. If you have any questions I would be happy to help you.

• 1 year later...

Hi Suresh

hi I have some question about femwater talk with you but I do not know how to get your e-mali