GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Mapping 2-d scatterset to Modflow Layer

Hydrology

I have been mapping several 2-d scatter sets to my modflow layers in a model that I have. It was working for a while, but now, the cross-section display of my model shows that something is wrong. The mapping is messed up. When I check the elevations in the MODFLOW/GLOBAL Options/Top Elevations, I get one answer for each layer, but when I check the botom elevations, they dont match the top elevations of the adjacent layer. It seems that the bottom of Layer 1 should be equal to the top of Layer 2, but they dont match. All the elevations in the Bottom Elevation dialog box seem to be correct, but when I look at the grid from the perspective of the top elevations, the numbers are all wrong. Is there something that I am missing?

Edited by Hydrology

This sounds like it may be a bug. I would suggest that you send your files to support@aquaveo.com so we can take a look at them and report the bug if needed. Also, I would recommend going over the Importing Layer Elevations section (section 15) of the the MODFLOW conceptual model tutorial. There is reviews importing scatter points for layers.

Thanks for the response, I will send the files over.

This sounds like it may be a bug. I would suggest that you send your files to support@aquaveo.com so we can take a look at them and report the bug if needed. Also, I would recommend going over the Importing Layer Elevations section (section 15) of the the MODFLOW conceptual model tutorial. There is reviews importing scatter points for layers.