GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Layer Elevation - Refine Point Conflict

Hydrology

I have the top and bottom layer elevations assigned in the properties of each layer polygon. I also have a refine point in my model. When I create the 3-D grid, the layer elevations assigned to each layer are not what I assigned in the polygons. Each layer is set as an equal thickness. If I turn the refine point off, then the layer elevations are assigned correctly to each layer. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem. The problem exists in the latest builds of 7.0 as well as 7.1. This problem didn't exist in builds of 7.0 prior to around last summer, but unfortunately I updated and I no longer have last years executable.

I have the top and bottom layer elevations assigned in the properties of each layer polygon. I also have a refine point in my model. When I create the 3-D grid, the layer elevations assigned to each layer are not what I assigned in the polygons. Each layer is set as an equal thickness. If I turn the refine point off, then the layer elevations are assigned correctly to each layer. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem. The problem exists in the latest builds of 7.0 as well as 7.1. This problem didn't exist in builds of 7.0 prior to around last summer, but unfortunately I updated and I no longer have last years executable.

We just reported this bug a couple days ago so it should be fix in the next few weeks. I was able to work around it by either manually entering in the top and bottom layer elevations in Global Options or by remapping the individual layer elevation data to MODFLOW after the grid was create and the new modflow simulation was created.

We just reported this bug a couple days ago so it should be fix in the next few weeks. I was able to work around it by either manually entering in the top and bottom layer elevations in Global Options or by remapping the individual layer elevation data to MODFLOW after the grid was create and the new modflow simulation was created.

Thanks, I will try it this way.

Edited by Hydrology