GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Culvert in FESWMS

K Carr

I am trying to run a relatively straight channel with a culvert as the outflow boundary. I insert the culvert, have successful runs, but when I close and come back to the file, the culvert is no longer there. Is this a known issue?

Also, the culvert is not on mesh boundary but I would like to have a rating curve at the outlet, is this possible?

Thanks

Kara

I'm not aware of any such issue with culverts disappearing. If you could contact support@aquaveo.com and get them files and or instructions on how to reproduce the problem, we would love to get it fixed.

Are you saying that you have a culvert where both ends are within the mesh but you want to control the amount of flow with a rating curve? If so, I don't think that this is possible. I think it is possible to do with TUFLOW, but would be done slightly differently.

If you want to have a culvert in the middle of the mesh, remove water from the entire domain and use a rating curve. I believe this is possible. You create a culvert with a single node instead of two. This indicates that the flow leaves the domain.

I'm not at a place where I can look into this more at the moment. If the above doesn't help, reply to this post and I'll look into more next week.

I am trying to run a relatively straight channel with a culvert as the outflow boundary. I insert the culvert, have successful runs, but when I close and come back to the file, the culvert is no longer there. Is this a known issue?

Also, the culvert is not on mesh boundary but I would like to have a rating curve at the outlet, is this possible?

Thanks

Kara