GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

GMS V6.5

KyleD

None of the model executables were installed when I downloaded and installed GMS 6.5. I also have 6.0 still installed on my computer just in case my older models will not run fully on 6.5. Could having both versions be the problem? I've downloaded and installed it twice just to be sure the first install wasn't damaged. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

Having both versions shouldn't cause any problems. If you download GMS 6.5 from ftp://pubftp.ems-i.com/download/GMS/GMS%206.5/gms65ful.exe, then the model executables should be downloaded along with the GMS executable and the documentation. For just the model executables, you could go to ftp://pubftp.ems-i.com/download/GMS/GMS%206.5/gms65mod.exe.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a hardware key and am using 6.5. When I heard that some of the bugs had been fixed I reinstalled 6.5. Now the program can't find the hardware key. I reinstalled the drivers. Still can't find the key. The message I get is to contact the vendor, but this rarely helps. Any ideas? It's not much of a problem, not having a working license. I only have to have the model running by TOMORROW!

:angry:

UPDATE: I completely wiped the Sentinel drivers using SSD Cleanup and reinstalled v7.4.0. This appears to have worked.

Edited by Derek

The following problem may be due to 6.5. I have never seen this in 6.0. I am putting together a fairly complex model with four layers. I get it built and it is running just fine. I start adjusting parameters and working on calibration. I tweak the recharge and all of a sudden, when running MODFLOW, the error goes berzerk. It bounces up to 15000000. The model nearly completely dries up even though there are no sinks. I can't undo the changes I made right before this happened and make it run. I reinstalled GMS with the updates. No luck. I have uploaded the model. Any help would be appreciated.

local_model.zip

I have a hardware key and am using 6.5. When I heard that some of the bugs had been fixed I reinstalled 6.5. Now the program can't find the hardware key. I reinstalled the drivers. Still can't find the key. The message I get is to contact the vendor, but this rarely helps. Any ideas? It's not much of a problem, not having a working license. I only have to have the model running by TOMORROW!

:angry:

UPDATE: I completely wiped the Sentinel drivers using SSD Cleanup and reinstalled v7.4.0. This appears to have worked.

I am not sure that this issue is related to the current thread. It would make more sense to me for you to start a new topic.