GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Parameters of auto-assign horizons

Maja Franz

In Auto-assign horizons section of Preferences\Boreholes dialog box are some parameters.

I cannot find any explanation of their meaning. I've made some experiments and know that

changing eg. horizon slope weight or gap weight can result in totally different horizon

values. Could anybody explain the meaning of all these parameters or point me at a source

when I can find such information.

Maja Franz

• 1 month later...

In Auto-assign horizons section of Preferences\Boreholes dialog box are some parameters.

I cannot find any explanation of their meaning. I've made some experiments and know that

changing eg. horizon slope weight or gap weight can result in totally different horizon

values. Could anybody explain the meaning of all these parameters or point me at a source

when I can find such information.

Maja Franz

I can see what you mean. I have played around with these parameters for awhile and cannot figure out what they mean either. I would recommend using the factory settings unless you know there is a problem with the auto assigning of the horizons. I will submit a request to get the wikipage updated with a description of each of the parameters for the auto assign. I will likely take a few weeks but you can periodically check here to see it the page has been updated.