GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

GMS display problem

Hisham

I developed solids that work well on my laptop. When I transferred the files to my work computer, the material and legend did not show on the screen. Then the solids showed, but only legend text (no graphics), and then the material disappeared again. This GMS model is just behaving randomly on the work computer, which I do not have any issues with. I had the mode saved on a networks server but also transferred it to the local drive just in case. Nonetheless, I continue to have the same problem. I modified the model on the work computer where I was unable to see the solids and saved the model. Then I copied the model on a flash drive and back to the laptop, and it opened without a problem. IT here can't help and they think it's a software issue! Could anyone help please?

I developed solids that work well on my laptop. When I transferred the files to my work computer, the material and legend did not show on the screen. Then the solids showed, but only legend text (no graphics), and then the material disappeared again. This GMS model is just behaving randomly on the work computer, which I do not have any issues with. I had the mode saved on a networks server but also transferred it to the local drive just in case. Nonetheless, I continue to have the same problem. I modified the model on the work computer where I was unable to see the solids and saved the model. Then I copied the model on a flash drive and back to the laptop, and it opened without a problem. IT here can't help and they think it's a software issue! Could anyone help please?

First, I would make sure that your work computer meets the graphics requirements for GMS. You can see the requirementshere here. I would also check and see if both computers are using the same version and build date of GMS. If not, you can update to the latest builds and versions here. I would also check to make sure that the display options are the same in GMS for both computers. If you are still having problems, I would suggest sending the project files to support@aquaveo.com so we can try to replicate the problem.