GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Feature Request - Export plots/data from Spectral Energy Toolbox

Joel

Hi SMS Team, I have a feature request:

In the Spectral Energy toolbox (found for example in the BOUSS2D menu), it is possible to generate or import wave spectra, create polar plots of the directional spectra, and then create integration plots of Energy vs Direction or Energy vs Frequency.

Unless I have missed something, it is not possible to export these plots (say to the clipboard) for pasting into reports etc. This functionality would be very useful.

The integration plots from the Spectral Energy toolbox are very similar in style to the typical plots that are created from SMS through the Plot Wizard. It would also be very handy if the data from the integration plots could be exported (in the same way that data from other plots in SMS can be exported).

Regards,

Joel

• 2 months later...

This change has been made. It will be in the next update of SMS 10.1.

Hi SMS Team,I have a feature request:

In the Spectral Energy toolbox (found for example in the BOUSS2D menu), it is possible to generate or import wave spectra, create polar plots of the directional spectra, and then create integration plots of Energy vs Direction or Energy vs Frequency.

Unless I have missed something, it is not possible to export these plots (say to the clipboard) for pasting into reports etc. This functionality would be very useful.

The integration plots from the Spectral Energy toolbox are very similar in style to the typical plots that are created from SMS through the Plot Wizard. It would also be very handy if the data from the integration plots could be exported (in the same way that data from other plots in SMS can be exported).

Regards,

Joel