GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

how to print out MODFLOW stream stages in GMS6.5?

Laurel

I've been using GMS6.5 for over a year and have found it very cumbersome to get calculated stream stages in a viewable/printable form. I'm using the STR package, and before, I was able to "trick" GMS in to saving stages to the .OUT file by replacing the last 2 entries on the 1st line of the .STR file with -1 and -1. Since GMS overwrites these values with 40 and 0 whenever I save my model files, I have to avoid saving any changes after reading in the modified .STR file.

Alas, several months since my last attempt, I'm not able to even get my "trick" to work. GMS is definitely reading the correct .STR file (with the -1 and -1 in the 1st line), but I'm not getting any calculated stages in my output.

Any ideas?? Any hope for fixing this problem??

Thanks,

Laurel

Fixed part of my own problem...I think the CCF option in Output Control file must be turned on for stages to be printed! GMS still needs improvement in this area, though.

I've been using GMS6.5 for over a year and have found it very cumbersome to get calculated stream stages in a viewable/printable form. I'm using the STR package, and before, I was able to "trick" GMS in to saving stages to the .OUT file by replacing the last 2 entries on the 1st line of the .STR file with -1 and -1. Since GMS overwrites these values with 40 and 0 whenever I save my model files, I have to avoid saving any changes after reading in the modified .STR file.

Alas, several months since my last attempt, I'm not able to even get my "trick" to work. GMS is definitely reading the correct .STR file (with the -1 and -1 in the 1st line), but I'm not getting any calculated stages in my output.

Any ideas?? Any hope for fixing this problem??

Thanks,

Laurel