GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

RMA2 velocity interpolation

MattT

All,

I am attempting to model a very complex bayou to determine the flushing capacity using a hypothetical pollutant in RMA4. My problem is, RMA 2 does not accurately predict the velocity flow field........I need to use ADCIRC with tidal constituents to drive the flow through the domain (sideways as opposed to an RMA2 domain that assumes flow is perpendicular to the BC).

My questions is......is it possible to interpolate a velocity solution from ADCIRC to a RMA2 mesh such that I can run an RMA4 advection/diffusion simulation? If not, do any of you have any ideas on how to force the BC in RMA2? How can I specify tidal constituents across a RMA2 BC?

Thanks!

All,

I am attempting to model a very complex bayou to determine the flushing capacity using a hypothetical pollutant in RMA4. My problem is, RMA 2 does not accurately predict the velocity flow field........I need to use ADCIRC with tidal constituents to drive the flow through the domain (sideways as opposed to an RMA2 domain that assumes flow is perpendicular to the BC).

My questions is......is it possible to interpolate a velocity solution from ADCIRC to a RMA2 mesh such that I can run an RMA4 advection/diffusion simulation? If not, do any of you have any ideas on how to force the BC in RMA2? How can I specify tidal constituents across a RMA2 BC?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. You probably already know this but to make sure: flow in RMA2 boundary does not need to be perpendicular (in 'Assign bc' you can define the flow direction). I haven't used adcirc so can't help with that. You might want to read the RMA2 documentation for cards BA,BS,BC(N) and BH(N) and see if that gives you any help.

Here's a pic of non-perpendicular inflow in rma2.

post-25-125326150953_thumb.jpg