GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

RMA4 DO Calcs

MattT

Can you please provide some further information regarding the DO calculation methodology in RMA4. Looks as though the RMA4 manual was not fully completed within this section. I assume the calculation method is similar to a reoxygenation/deoxygenation methodology typically used for tracking DO variations down a river, but I cannot find any evidence of this. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have tried to model a number of conditions in RMA4 (global assignment, nodestring BC, etc), however, none of the runs are successful. I can see from the output text file that the cards are properly being assigned, however, the model stops before the first iteration is complete. I have attached the output text file for clarification. The RMA4 model is set to BOD/DO with constituent 1 (DO) = 7.5 and constituent 2 (BOD) = 3.0. No additional nodestrings (BC's) or decay coefficents have been defined. Element 159 is near the center of the water body and is in no danger of drying.

Please provide guidance. Thanks.DO output.txt

I'm sorry to give you the bad news, but I found this line in the RMA4 manual: "DO/BOD Calculations in RMA4 have not been full tested and should be treated as experimental."

I wouldn't recommend using RMA4 for DO/BOD.

Can you please provide some further information regarding the DO calculation methodology in RMA4. Looks as though the RMA4 manual was not fully completed within this section. I assume the calculation method is similar to a reoxygenation/deoxygenation methodology typically used for tracking DO variations down a river, but I cannot find any evidence of this. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have tried to model a number of conditions in RMA4 (global assignment, nodestring BC, etc), however, none of the runs are successful. I can see from the output text file that the cards are properly being assigned, however, the model stops before the first iteration is complete. I have attached the output text file for clarification. The RMA4 model is set to BOD/DO with constituent 1 (DO) = 7.5 and constituent 2 (BOD) = 3.0. No additional nodestrings (BC's) or decay coefficents have been defined. Element 159 is near the center of the water body and is in no danger of drying.

Please provide guidance. Thanks.DO output.txt