GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

*.hed file formatted incorrectly and Premature end of files *.ccf, *.ccf2, and *.cln_cb

Laura Rod

On my transient model, I used the Model Checker before running the model with few warnings but no errors. When I run the model, it immediately crashes and I get the following messages:

Error reading C:\Users\(...)\*.hed. File formatted incorrectly.
Other output encountered:
---Premature end of file *.ccf

---Premature end of file *.ccf2

---Premature end of file *.cln_cb

After going through the *.out file, I just find the following error:

FILE UNIT   16 : ERROR CONVERTING "0.0" TO AN INTEGER IN LINE:
 CONSTANT 0.0                                      #  5.  IAC_CLN(ICLNNDS)

Perhaps it's about one of my inputs that needs to be an integer and I need to remove the decimal before running the model?

I saw an older post where something similar happened after changing some parameters in the conceptual model, but they previously had successful runs. In my case this is the first run, therefore I have no idea what is wrong with the inputs.

Thanks

Thanks Sean. I turned off the CLN package, but I still have two errors popping up:

Error reading C:\Users\(...)\*.hed. File formatted incorrectly.
Other output encountered:
---Premature end of file *.ccf

---Premature end of file *.ccf2

I saw in older posts that the error on the *.hed file occurred due to lack of memory, or that I can try using other solvers. I'll try simplifying my model and using other solvers (I'm running with SMS).

Yes - the first thing I thought of when I read your first post was that you might be running out of hard-drive space and/or memory, but then you noted the CLN error.  This is definitely a "try different things to find out what works and what doesn't" situation.  You can try turning off output for the cell-by-cell info for now.  This is a transient model, so you could also just make sure your output is at the end of a stress period rather than every time step.  In every case that you get the error, look to the output file to see if you were able to get further along or if it always crashes at the same point.