GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Recharge values - transient datasets

Laura Rod

I am working on a numerical model. I created all the coverages under the conceptual model, then created a Ugrid and mapped them to Modflow simulation. My model is a 2-layer unconfined aquifer, and the recharge is happening only at the top layer. When I checked the RCH item, I found that the recharge is only half the value I uploaded on the conceptual model. I can fix this issue just changing the multiplier by 2.0, but I'm afraid that I will be doubling the original recharge values. Does anyone know why is this happening? Is it safe if I change the multiplier to 2.0?  

Edited by Laura Rod

• Laura Rod changed the title to Recharge values - transient datasets

Seems odd - when mapping the recharge over, there is an option for interpolating between dataset time steps (was that checked by accident)....or....actually, I'm wondering if, because it is transient, your first data point is actually 0 (if the transient data isn't input correctly) and so the value you are seeing is halfway between what you want and that 0.  Transient data entry can be confusing sometimes because you need to have a start and end value for the time steps.

Transient data entry is confusing since the entry only gives the option of one date, but it is not clear if it's starting date or ending date. Would you recommend that, if i have a recharge value on certain day I set the same value for 1/1/2000 0:00 and 1/1/2000 23:59?

I made sure that I checked the step-by-step option (not interpolating) but the results are the same.