GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

SMS, error with paving extrapolation

Mark Prater

I'm using SMS (10.0.11) to generate 2-D meshes, using the Scalar Paving Density option. I select the "Scatter Options..." to select my scatter set, and set my interpolation options. I would like to select the Extrapolation option "Inverse Distance Weighted", and I alway get the error "The current single value extrapolation value is less than the minimum truncation value entered. The single value extrapolation value will be set equal to the minimum truncation value entered." So, I'm not sure if my request for Inverse Distance Weighted was ignored, or is not available for the Scalar Paving Density option. I try to make sure that extrapolation is not needed by creating a buffer zone in my scatter set around the boundary of my computational domain, but still it would be nice insurance to have.

Thanks... Mark

An additional bit of information - the error seems to occur only when I also choose the "Truncate values" option within the "Scatter Options..." window. That is another option I probably don't need since my mesh size scatter set has already has its minimums and maximums set to my specified limits.

-- Mark

Mark,

Thank you for the additional information. I was able to reproduce the problem. I looked at the code and even though it is giving you the message, it should still be using the settings you specified. I believe if you go into the dialog a second time the message won't appear. I have fixed the problem and the next update of SMS 10.1 will include this fix.

- John