GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Initial Head values for dry cells

Mick

Hi all,

I'm importing a model which has been written to MF2000 outside of GMS, and simply importing using the .nam file. I have found work around solutions for most of my problems thus far, but I do have one question.

When GMS reads in my model, particular the initial heads array of values, what value should I have specified for those which are starting as dry? Should this be -999, as specified as 'No flow head' in the Global options, or is there somewhere else to specify a unique value for those starting dry?

Thanks for any help, Mick

Hi all,

I'm importing a model which has been written to MF2000 outside of GMS, and simply importing using the .nam file. I have found work around solutions for most of my problems thus far, but I do have one question.

When GMS reads in my model, particular the initial heads array of values, what value should I have specified for those which are starting as dry? Should this be -999, as specified as 'No flow head' in the Global options, or is there somewhere else to specify a unique value for those starting dry?

Thanks for any help, Mick

Hi Mick,

if you want to start with dry cells just match a value equal or less than your aquifer bottom layer.

That`s all.

Michael

Hi Mick,

if you want to start with dry cells just match a value equal or less than your aquifer bottom layer.

That`s all.

Michael

Michael,

Thanks mate, short and concise. I found the 'Assign dry cell value' dialogue in the LPF package options, so I'm going to make that some big negative number, and do likewise with the initial heads array that I will be importing.

Cheers, Mick