GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

HK - Horizont Hydraulic Conductivity - interpolazione

GMS User

I run MODFLOW in PEST mode for interpolating values of HK. When I click on HK in Project explorer, I visualize the PEST result data contouring.

I 've to manually edit the HK to change same values, but I don't wanto to perform a cell by cell editing. I prefer the conceptual model approch.

Is there a way to:

- interpolate data value of K to Modflow HK layer? (as starting head, elevation...)

- modify the HK created by PEST optimization with a coverage affection only same cells, keeping the others to the true PSET values ?

Reagards

D Lattuada

I run MODFLOW in PEST mode for interpolating values of HK. When I click on HK in Project explorer, I visualize the PEST result data contouring.

I 've to manually edit the HK to change same values, but I don't wanto to perform a cell by cell editing. I prefer the conceptual model approch.

Is there a way to:

- interpolate data value of K to Modflow HK layer? (as starting head, elevation...)

- modify the HK created by PEST optimization with a coverage affection only same cells, keeping the others to the true PSET values ?

Reagards

D Lattuada

You can do this by interpolating to a 2D grid that matches the IJ dimensions of your 3D grid. Then in the array editor dialog you can select the Data set ->Layer command. This will give you the option of selecting a 2D data set to be applied to the array.

You can do this by creating a coverage with polygons in the appropriate locations. The areas of the grid where you want to set the value of HK you may do so by assigning the value to the polygon. The areas where you want PEST to optimize the value of HK enter the "key value" for the HK parameter.