GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Results of Simulation Not Changing at Different Flows

Rebecca Hatley

Hi, I am working on a river model in SRH-2D using SMS. I am currently in the process of calibrating some parameters iteratively at different flow rates. I am running into a problem where I will change the flow rate, and the model instantly runs and outputs the exact same values as it did for the previous flow. 

Has anyone experienced this before, or might know what is going wrong? I can provide some images and outputs if it is helpful.

Thank you.

It sounds like the one you are running after you change the discharge isn't running at all. The dataset isn't changing. Name the simulation something different when you run the secondary boundary condition. That way it will generate a different folder for that run and you will be able to distinguish between the two runs easier. 

I changed the simulation name and this is the command window and error that pops up after I try to load the results. It worked one time when I made the exact same mesh over again and ran the simulation, but then whenever I try to do two simulations with the same mesh it doesn't run the second time. This is only happening on this model and not my other two, so I am very confused. 

Error.PNG

It seems to be running really fast? That is because it is not running. I bet if you open the folder, there is no results in it. Send screenshots of model control screen and anything else you think might speed up finding you an answer. The more info you give on the model, the quicker it will be to find the problem. 

Assuming the mesh is showing WSE, why do you have some water at the boundary? After running this, what does it say on the SRH-2D command line? Try dropping the timestep to 1 sec and trying that. Also, to adjust for the time, do just 3 or 4 hour run time until you get it running right, then you can increase run time, if needed.