GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

FEMWATER Particle Tracking

Mesut

I am running a finite element model for groundwater flow other than FEMWATER in which I can calculate the heads and velocities at every node in my mesh. I was wondering if it is possible just to use the particle tracking module of the femwater and use my input data (heads, water content, velocity, geometry, mesh, etc from my model's output)for the module?

• 1 month later...
I am running a finite element model for groundwater flow other than FEMWATER in which I can calculate the heads and velocities at every node in my mesh. I was wondering if it is possible just to use the particle tracking module of the femwater and use my input data (heads, water content, velocity, geometry, mesh, etc from my model's output)for the module?

Mesut,

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, you should be able to run a "Transport only" simulation in GMS 6.5 just fine, as long as your input files are compatible with GMS. The general steps to building a FEMWATER model are:

1. create a 3d mesh

2. assign boundary conditions

3. add any source/sink terms and assign values to the objects

4. save the model

5. launch FEMWATER

For more information on running FEMWATER in GMS 6.5, please visit the following website:

http://xmswiki.com/wiki/GMS:FEMWATER

Regards,

Todd

XMS Technical Support

(801) 691-5530

support@aquaveo.com