GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Allocation of arrays X, Z, IX and XMS failed

Yohannes

Hi GMS users

I unchecked the " Enable saving of the all comouted flow Sink/ source objects"output control to run the model for a couple of weeks but this time I found it neccessary to print and save the computed flow of S/S to compare with the observed flow along the stream arc using GMS 6.5.

Here is the message appears

16 mega Byte of memeory allocated by GMG

Allocation of arrays X, Z, IX and XMS failed

error 179

I donot think this is realted to my PC RAM memeory.

How could I proceed with this? any instant reply is appreciated.

Regards

Yohannes

Is your model transient?

Selecting this option could cause problems in transient models. See this site for a little more detail if this is the case http://xmswiki.com/wiki/GMS:Output_Control

Thanks

Yes my model is transient. I do realize that GMS crashes due to memory problem.However, is there any alternative to see the computed flux at one observation flow stream arc only without saving the computed flow for all sink/source objects. I am only interested to see the effect of abstraction on the stream flow at one location. Any idea/alterantive is appreciated. It would be waste of time if I could not able to get the computed flux at the observation flow because the aim of the modeling is to assess the effect of additional abstractioon license on the streamflow. It looks GMS has a major limitation in this regard.

Yohannes

Thanks

Yes my model is transient. I do realize that GMS crashes due to memory problem.However, is there any alternative to see the computed flux at one observation flow stream arc only without saving the computed flow for all sink/source objects. I am only interested to see the effect of abstraction on the stream flow at one location. Any idea/alterantive is appreciated. It would be waste of time if I could not able to get the computed flux at the observation flow because the aim of the modeling is to assess the effect of additional abstractioon license on the streamflow. It looks GMS has a major limitation in this regard.

Yohannes

Yohannes

The easiest way to get the data that you want is to create a "fake" stream observation on the stream where you would like to know the computed flow from MODFLOW.

1. Go to the Coverage Setup for the coverage with the stream

2. Turn on Trans. Observed Flow

3. Edit the properties of the arc that is used to define the stream

4. Turn on the Obs. Flow toggle in the attribute table

5. Enter the times when you want to know the computed flow. MODFLOW will output data at these times.

Once you have run MODFLOW you can use the S/S Flow vs. Time plot to see the data.