GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

How to run stream flow package in GMS 6.5

Yohannes

• 3 weeks later...

Yohannes,

GMS supports the Stream package (STR1) - (http://xmswiki.com/wiki/index.php5?title=GMS:MODFLOW_Packages_Supported_in_GMS) The SFR package (Streamflow Routing Package) is not support by GMS 6.5. This does not mean that you cannot use this package with MODFLOW, just that you would have to manually edit the MODFLOW files outside of the GMS interface to add this package. To use the stream package in GMS you can create a stream coverage in your conceptual model and then map over the arc the represents your stream. You can assign different properties to your arc by double clicking on the arc to bring up its attributes.

Regards,

Chad

XMS Technical Support

Thanks Chad

This time I managed to use STR1 package successfuly. however I have got nodes with zero conductance value which are not associated with any segments of the stream. I am not sure if these nodes are duplicated wrongly by GMS. Could any one suggest how to fix it? I realized that it will take ages to edit manually.

Thanks

Yohannes,

GMS supports the Stream package (STR1) - (http://xmswiki.com/wiki/index.php5?title=GMS:MODFLOW_Packages_Supported_in_GMS) The SFR package (Streamflow Routing Package) is not support by GMS 6.5. This does not mean that you cannot use this package with MODFLOW, just that you would have to manually edit the MODFLOW files outside of the GMS interface to add this package. To use the stream package in GMS you can create a stream coverage in your conceptual model and then map over the arc the represents your stream. You can assign different properties to your arc by double clicking on the arc to bring up its attributes.

Regards,

Chad

XMS Technical Support