GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Flow Rate Through Elements in SEEP2D?

Kylan Kegel

Is there a method within a GMS SEEP2D Model for displaying the flow rate across a series of node strings, through specified elements, etc. using the software? I know that the equation delta(q) = q / Nf * Nf(area of interest), but I want to know if GMS has the capability to display the calculated flow rate through each element. Maybe this is easy to do and I just didn't find the right button?

Thanks!

--Kylan

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a method within a GMS SEEP2D Model for displaying the flow rate across a series of node strings, through specified elements, etc. using the software? I know that the equation delta(q) = q / Nf * Nf(area of interest), but I want to know if GMS has the capability to display the calculated flow rate through each element. Maybe this is easy to do and I just didn't find the right button?

Thanks!

--Kylan

If you want to know the flow through each element you can look in the output file. There is no way to show in GMS how much flow goes through each element, you can show how much flow goes through each node by turning it on in the display options.