GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Filtering/Selecting scatter points with selected values

Chris Blount

Simply put, is there a way to automatically filter or select scatter data points with certain values?

Some more information: I have created a size function based on the wavelength to grid scale ratio and the topographic length scale criteria. However, my grid extends above sea level to include inundation and I want to predefine my boundary spacing. I converted the map to scatter with the arc spacing, but I end up with zero values in between the coastline and boundary points (above sea level). I want to delete these points so it doesn't interfere with creating the final size function. I tried filtering with a zero degree angle, but of course it doesn't remove them all.

Chris

What I think might help you is the Select by Data Value tool. In the Scatter Module click on the Select Scatter Point tool. Then in the Edit menu there is a Select by Data Value... option. A dialog should pop up displaying a min and a max data value. After entering in the value SMS will select the values according to the parameters you set.

What I think might help you is the Select by Data Value tool. In the Scatter Module click on the Select Scatter Point tool. Then in the Edit menu there is a Select by Data Value... option. A dialog should pop up displaying a min and a max data value. After entering in the value SMS will select the values according to the parameters you set.

Thanks! That works perfectly. It's hard to remember everything SMS can do because of all of the nifty tricks it does.

Chris