GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Example from FEMWATER tutorial

Harris0716@gmail.com

Hello, 

I am a rookie in using GMS-FEMWATER. I am practicing the 'flow only' example from tutorial. I face a problem when I try to build up TINs. 

I have built up the 2D projection mesh. But when I am trying to create the TINs, I cannot find the mesh | mesh to TIN command. I have no idea where it is, and do not know what to do next. 

Thank you,

Han

It's a long time since I've done this, but the menu command might only appear when you have the mesh selected.

In recent versions of GMS, the command can be found in the Mesh menu, under Convert To. If you don't see the Mesh menu (on the main menu bar), you may not be in the 2D Mesh module. The main menu changes depending on what module you are in. There is a module toolbar that let's you switch modules, and the module will also change if you click on the mesh in the Project Explorer.

7 hours ago, Michael Kennard said:

In recent versions of GMS, the command can be found in the Mesh menu, under Convert To. If you don't see the Mesh menu (on the main menu bar), you may not be in the 2D Mesh module. The main menu changes depending on what module you are in. There is a module toolbar that let's you switch modules, and the module will also change if you click on the mesh in the Project Explorer.

Hello, Michael,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am in the 2D Mesh Module right now (please take a look at the attachment). I click on the mesh menu, but I still cannot find the mesh to tin option. What should I do?

Thank you,

Han

GMS_problem.jpg

GMS_problem_2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Alan Lemon said:

Looks like your license to GMS does not include the TIN tools. You can check by going to Help | Register command.

Dear Alan,

Yes, you are right! I just checked and found that the TIN is disabled. Does it mean that I will need to purchase that toolbox?

I am so confused because I purchased MODFLOW I with FEMWATER add-on. I assume that the TIN toolbox is included with the FEMWATER add-on. 

Thank you,

Han

1.png