GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

heads in different layers

Lalith

Hi,

I have a GMS modflow model with multiple layers (9 layers). I used about 200 observed heads for calibration. These observed head values are in different layers. I want to check how successful the calibration is in each layer. Currently, all observed heads are visible and it is hard to recognize what head is at what layer. Is there a way that I can see the observed heads that are in a selected layer only? I tried orthogonal mode on but it still shows all observed heads regardless of the active layer in orthogonal mode.

This model is in GMS version 9.0.

Thank you,

Lalith

Thank you Michael. This is a great suggestion. I would try to implement this.

The problem here is that this is a model that I inherited from someone. Currently all observation points are in the model in one coverage. I do not have original data record that shows in which layer each observation point belongs to. I also do not know how to filter observation data in each layer. If you have any suggestion as to how to filter observation in different layers, I appreciate it very much.

Lalith

Hi Alen,

Thank you for your advice. I tried it but the issue is, it is tough to figure out the layer for observation points that are located close to the top or bottom of the layers because layers are not located at constant elevations. Therefore, side and end elevations look quite messy that I can't exactly figure out what layer the observation points belong to.

Thank you,

Lalith