GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Exporting Transient Observations

Kronos87

In the past, I have used the Export Trans. Obs. command from the observations menu to export the data. I would then use the Transient Observation Plotter excel workbook developed by Aquaveo to plot observed vs. simulated data for large transient models.

Recently, the Export Trans. Obs command seems to only export simulated heads and not observations. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

I am US Army Corps of Engineers user and I am using GMS 8.3.7.18092 with a build date of Nov. 13, 2012.

Thank You,

Ian

I called Technical Support. It seems the bug exists if you use MODFLOW 2005. I re-ran the model using MODFLOW 2000 and the export transient observations function works properly. Tech Support also mentioned that the bug was fixed for MODFLOW 2005 in Version 10. Unfortunately, I am unable to purchase GMS 10 at this time.

Thank you for the help,

Ian

• 1 year later...

I have two questions.

1 - I need to update the observation data for an existing GMS MF model. I have exported the TransientObs.csv file. Where can I find the "modflow trans obs plotter.xls tool" described here: http://gmstutorials-10.0.aquaveo.com/MODFLOW-TransientCalibration.pdf? I can't find it in the tutorial download.

2 - I also need to update the pumping data. I found from posts on this forum that the .mapatt file can be exported for each pumping category. Is my best option to rewrite this file to include the new data and reimport somehow? Will the project schema be preserved?

If there are better solutions, please let me know.

Thanks, Chris

Edited by RazLDazL