GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

NSCREEN Parameter in ADCIRC

walkington

Hi,

I have just started using ADCIRC within SMS and am getting a bit fed up of having an awful lot of time being wasted by seeing at every timestep info being printed to the screen. How can I set the NSCREEN parameter in the fort.15 file to something other than 1 from inside SMS. I know that I can edit it by hand and then run adcirc seperately but I like the lazy approach of just clicking "run adcirc" :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone will know

Thanks

Ian

Ian,

You can not do this in SMS and I don't believe that it runs faster. I did some test cases with having the NSCREEN =1 & 0 and the time it finished was about the same for each one within a 10 seconds of each other. The longest run I did was a day long with the tutorial file and it they both took about thirteen mins and forty seconds for each one. If you still want to do this you will have to run it outside of SMS.

Cameron

Support Engineer

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The only thing concenring the printing is that my screen isn't waiting to process between printing to the screen. When I have seen this in other programs it generally means that the printing is taking the time. If though it doesn't seem to affect your results I will live with it.

Thanks again

Ian

• 1 month later...

Ian,

If you have a test case that illustrates a significant difference in speed based on the NSCREEN Parameter, we would be interested to hear about it and possibly add support for the NSCREEN Parameter in a future version of SMS.

John