GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Contours Not Saved In CAD File

Hydrology

I am using GMS 9.2.4 and when I open the dwg file after a "convert to CAD" from GMS, the contour line layer is empty. It works with GMS 8, but not in GMS 9. It didn't work in earlier releases of 9 either, so I have been going back to version 8 to create a dwg. Is there another way to convert your contour lines to CAD in Version 9. I am actually just trying to bring them into ArcView, and I have always gone through the cad file as an intermediary. Is there a better way to bring the contour lines directly into ArcView from GMS?

Edited by Hydrology

This is a 2D grid example, but works in the 3D grid module as well. Under the Grid drop down menu, You will see Contours -> Arcs (3D grid module is "Layer Contours-> Arcs"). This will create a coverage in the Map module. In the Project Explorer, right mouse click on the coverage and select Export. This will let you create shapefiles associated with the contours.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this bug. I have fixed the problem in GMS 9.2 so that the contours will be converted to CAD data. I have also added a test to our testing suite so that we will know if the feature breaks in the future. Thanks for your patience. This fix should in the next update of GMS 9.2.