GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Constant Concentration Condition in Grid Approach

Saubhagya Singh

I am not able to find a way to give constant concentration boundary condition in Grid Approach. The option is only for starting concentration. Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Thank You

I assume you're using MT3D? If you're using MT3D you can select the cell, right click on it and select sources/sinks and the MODFOW/MT3D Sources/Sinks dialog appears. Then select MT3D: Point SS on the left and click on the Add BC button on the bottom. For the type you can select constant concentration and enter the concentration. You can also add cells through the MT3D | Source/Sink Mixing Package menu item if you know the cell row, column, and layer.

Thanks Bill. It was really helpful

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I want to assign constant concentration (salinity concentration) to the arc represented sea boundary in Conceptual approach. In Source & Sink coverage I tun on Specific Conc. After enter the concentration value to said arc, I convert Map to MT3D. Then, I checked the properties grid along arc that i have assigned, NO concentration assigned in to those grid. What is the problem?

Thank you.