GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Running multiple simulations at once with RMA2

Melissa

In order to speed up my research, I want to run multiple simulations with different wind conditions at the same time. I am running the simulations using RMA2 (SMS 10.0) in DOS. However, the program doesn't let me get a second simulation going because the file r2marsh.dat is already in use. I tried changing the name/location of this file but that didn't seem to work. Is there any way around this problem?

Hi Melissa,

I was not aware of this occurrence. I would have assumed that running in different folders would have fixed this problem.

The only thing I can think that would cause this problem to exist is if each executable of RMA2 makes the r2marsh.dat file rather than for each simulation. Why don't you try running each simulation with a different executable (copy the executable as needed into each simulation's folder). Let us know how that works out.

In order to speed up my research, I want to run multiple simulations with different wind conditions at the same time. I am running the simulations using RMA2 (SMS 10.0) in DOS. However, the program doesn't let me get a second simulation going because the file r2marsh.dat is already in use. I tried changing the name/location of this file but that didn't seem to work. Is there any way around this problem?