GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

File Save Bug

Hydrology

I keep getting an error when i try to save my GMS file The following lines appear in a dialog window. I can't save the file locally or on the server. I also cant do a save as. Any help would be appreciated because I dont want to lose all my work.

XMDF errors:

#000: src\H5L.c line 1668 in H5L_link_cb(): name already exists

major(201326597): Symbol table

minor(201326724): Object already exists

#001: src\H5Gtraverse.c line 691 in H5G_traverse_real(): traversal operator failed

minor(201326663): Callback failed

#002: src\H5Gtraverse.c line 861 in H5G_traverse(): internal path traversal failed

minor(201326723): Object not found

#003: src\H5L.c line 1856 in H5L_create_real(): can't insert link

minor(201326730): Unable to insert object

#004: src\H5L.c line 1633 in H5L_link_object(): unable to create new link to object

major(201326605): Links

minor(201326644): Unable to initialize object

#005: src\H5Dint.c line 429 in H5D_create_named(): unable to create and link to dataset

major(201326592): Dataset

#006: src\H5Ddeprec.c line 170 in H5Dcreate1(): unable to create dataset

major(201326592): Dataset

Edited by Hydrology

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure what is causing this. I can happen a couple times a day, then not at all for several days. It started happening about a week or two ago. I get the same message if I do a save, or a save-as. I don't have any spaces in the file name because modflow wont run if the file name contains a space. The model is running, but not saving.

• 2 weeks later...

The path that I always start on is on the server. I have the drive letter D mapped to the server directory and I save to the D drive. A typical path would look like this:

D:\1319 South Tahoe WWTP Dewatering\Hydraulic Model\Model1.gms

I have been doing it this way for over 10 years and have not had a problem with GMS until recently.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that it was ver 9.0.4. When the error occurs I cannot save the file to a network or a local drive. I have moved on to 9.1.1 but the problem is now much much worse. I am working on a completly different model now, but the program is crashing every time I try to save the file. This is a new model that I just built. There is no error message or diagnostic info like the save error of version 9.0. We work on a lot of projects with a short turn around time, so we are working on 2 or 3 different models every week. Our deadlines dont give us much time to debug the program. Is is possible for us to go back to version 8? It seems like that was the last stable version that you guys put out.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I am sorry that version 9 and 9.1 have been giving you so many problems. You certainly can still use version 8.3. I would be very interested in helping to get this resolved. We have not been able to reproduce the problem so that we can fix it. Feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can do to help. (alemon at aquaveo.com)