GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

constant Vs transient head boundary

Hila

Hello all,

I defined, in my transient MODFLOW simulation, a specified head boundary condition, and a constant head stage.

After mapping to MODFLOW the boundary appears as a transient head BC (purple dots instaed of red dots) and when checking simulation I receive errors "Changing head BC is below bottom elevation in stress period 25...).

How do I change it to a constant head ?

Thanks,

Hila

• 1 month later...
Hello all,

I defined, in my transient MODFLOW simulation, a specified head boundary condition, and a constant head stage.

After mapping to MODFLOW the boundary appears as a transient head BC (purple dots instaed of red dots) and when checking simulation I receive errors "Changing head BC is below bottom elevation in stress period 25...).

How do I change it to a constant head ?

Thanks,

Hila

Hila,

To change the boundary type to a constant head, you need to select "MODFLOW|Global Options|IBOUND" while in the 3D grid module and enter negative values for the cells you would like to change to constant head. For more information, please see the following site:

http://www.xmswiki.com/index.php?title=GMS:IBOUND

Feel free to contact us at XMS Technical Support if that doesn't help.

Regards,

Todd Wood

XMS Technical Support

(801) 691-5530

support@aquaveo.com