GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Flow/Zone Budget

bjacoby

Did you check and run the model?

If you run the model successfully, the Flow Budget show you a simple table summary water flux between cells grouped by coverage properties (Constant Head, Wells, Recharge....).

Flow Budget refers to cells selected. If none is selected, Flow Buget refers to all cells or to a particular zone defined by coverage.

http://www.xmswiki.com/xms/GMS:Zone_Budget

That helped. I didn't have my ccf output selected.

I have a muliple layer model and would like to run a zone budget through all layers and one particular location. I cannot get the edit|"select with polyline" to work, but "select with polygon" does. Once I have my cells selected, I changed their value in MODFLOW|Cell Properties. However, I want to apply the same zone designation to cells at the same location for all the layers. Do you know how to do that?

Thank you for your input!!

If you change your viewing mode from ortho to general before you do the selection it will select cells in all the layers.

By default GMS uses "ortho" viewing mode when you have a 3D grid. This means that you can only see 1 layer (or row or column) at a time. If you select the Display | General Mode menu command this will switch to "general" viewing mode and all 3D grid cells will be visible so they can all be selected.

• 3 years later...

Hi Alan.  Hope you are still here to help (its an old post).  Anyway, I have 2 questions:

1)  Even though I change to General Mode, I still can only see the flow budgets for 1 layer (not the underlying layers).  Any ideas?

2) If my units are defined as meters and days, and my model has 30 day time-steps, when I view the various Zone Flows in and out of a selected cell do I need to multiply those flows by 30 to get the overall flow for that particular time-step?  Or is the flow shown for the entire 30 days?

Thanks, Menachem

Number 1 sounds like it is an issue with cell selection. I am not sure what may be occurring. I tried it with a transient multilayer model in our tutorial data and it seems to work for me.

Number 2 - You are correct that the values presented in the flow budget/zone budget are in units of L^3/T so you have to multiply by the length of the time step to get the volume.