GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

yutechu

Hello everyone,

I am new to WMS. I would like to know if it is possible to use WMS to perform real-time simulations. Both radar and gauge rainfalls are avaialbe every 10 mins. Once models (HMS, RAS, or GSSHA) are set up, I would like to have an automatic process.

Thank you

The way things are set up, you would have to manually update your rainfall data using the WMS interface when you get updated rainfall data. This would not take very long, but is not automatic. You could also write some computer code to update the model-specific files that were built using the WMS interface. Aquaveo consulting could help you with this project (at an hourly rate) if you need help. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Chris

Ted, yes, the model runs would need to be triggered manually. You could automatically run whatever model you are running using a system command line call if you need to do that. That is what WMS does, but the particular syntax of the command line would depend on what model you are running.