GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Interpolate points on line

Guillaume Bourlard

Hi,

As a new User of SMS, I schowed in the Tutorial and help but didn't find a solution for my problem.

I am actually using SMS for pre- and postprocessing.

I am using a DTM without rivers for geometry. So I wanted to add some points for the rivers.

Is it possible to create a line beetween two points and to interpolate some point on the line only considerating the first and the last point of the line for the interpolation of the height?

I tried with nodestrings but the interpolation of heights is made with height at the neibourhood and not with the points at the extremities of the nodestring.

Thanks,

Guillaume Bourlard

Hi Guillaume,

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question exactly. If you loaded your DTM as a scatter set into SMS and you'd like to create feature arcs along contours, you can do so by selecting "Data | Scatter Contour -> Feature" while in the Scatter Module. You can then enter the elevation along which you'd like SMS to create feature arcs, as well as the spacing of vertices along those arcs.

If this doesn't help, could you please clarify what exactly you are trying to accomplish in SMS?