GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Boundary Condition

verakurniawan

Hi all

I am using RMA2 numerical model to simulate my model. Is it possible to assign both 'Water Surface Elevation' data on the two end of my model?

I am aware that normally, we need to assign flow in the incoming and water surface elevation in the tailwater. But in my case, I could not really assume that water is coming from one end and going out from the other end. As my model represents the ocean boundary (unfortunately, I dont have any option but to use RMA2 numerical model to simulate my model).

I tried to run my model in trasient mode as I have range of tidal data to be put in terms of Water surface elevation. I did not manage to run the model and the warning comes out like this 'STOP depth convergence exceeds 50.0'. I would like to try to use revision where I start with higher water surface elevation, but since i have 1488 time steps, should i assign the revision to every single time step on the model? Please enlighten me on this. By the way, I did attach the output file from my model. output_trial2withBC.txt

I look forward to hearing from your reply. Thank you.

Regards

Vera Kurniawan

Hi again Vera!

I think I uploaded this option for you way back in april(?). If not - I'm sorry. Anyway, here's a short demo run (although with very small elevation forcing. In the doc there is the start of the bc-file and some images.

As the most important think, I believe you need to make sure the inital surface elevation is the same as the boundary elevations for first time step. So check that all three elevations in your model are the same (both boundaries and initial wse).

Heimo

Elevation_boundaries.doc

Hi Again Heimo

I am so glad to hearing from you!

No, I believe I did not receive that option way back in April, yes it was in April. Thank you for the file, I send you my model control as well to your personal email if you dont mind checking it for me whether I do the correct thing.

Yes, I have made sure that the both boundaries condition and the initial wse starts with the same value, well in my case is 103.5. But I sitll did not manage to run the model.

Do you have any idea why?

I look forward to hearing from you again. Thank you :)

Regards

Vera Kurniawan