GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Contour Label Options

Sean Czarniecki

I'm currently displaying 2 data sets in a 3D grid (one of linear contours and labels) and one using color fill (no labels). I would like the linear contour labels to be white. My options to do this under contour label options are "use contour color" and "use font color." I like my contour black, so I figure that I will choose "use font color" and change the font color. I go under the font formatting and find that there is no option to change the font color (nor to put a background behind the label). I feel like these options (at least the background option) being available in the past. Did they get dropped?

Okay, so I had no option to just change the font. I figured that I would then try making the contours white and select the "use contour color" option. Interestingly, when displaying only one data set, the contour labels match the color of the contour. If I display the second data set, the contours stay the color selected, but the contour labels revert to black.

I would like to request that these features get reviewed a bit more to allow better control of contour labels.

Oh, yes. This is in v8.1 (I haven't tested it out in 8.2 beta).

Thanks!

Edited by Sean Czarniecki