GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Basic GMS Questions

Chuck

Does Aquaveo have any additional information besides the tutorials that explains GMS usage and inputs. For example,

1. In a coverage setup what should the default elevation be? Ground surface, bedrock, etc.?

2. When creating a boundary arc is it required to do so in a counterclockwise direction?

3. When a well is created and you want to specify the well screen length info in the properties should those values be beginning and ending elevations or just to/from screen lengths?

4. In "Defining the Hydraulic Conductivity" tutorial why is it necessary to make the Sources & Sinks coverage the active coverage at the end of section 11 on page 16?

Any information would be welcomed.

• 2 weeks later...
Does Aquaveo have any additional information besides the tutorials that explains GMS usage and inputs

There is a lot of information on the wiki.

Additionally,

2. Generally direction doesn't matter when creating arcs or polygons. The one exception I can think of is a stream arc, in which case it needs to go downhill, but you can create it initially however you like and then change the direction later if necessary.

3. The "Top scr." and "Bot. scr." fields in the point attribute table for wells refer to the elevations - not lengths or depths.

4. I don't think it's necessary. I think the tutorial just has you do that because that coverage is more interesting to look at.