GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

import start heads from existing solution

Patricia

I have never had this problem. Today when I try to use an existing head file for the starting heads (by selecting "3Ddata set -->Grid" in the starting head interface in the Global Options dialogue) it does not apply the data correctly. I know that becasue when I contour the start heads they don't match the heads from the simulation I am trying to use.

Any insight is appreciated!

Actually, I found a minor flaw in v8.1 (haven't checked it in other previous versions) yesterday. When attempting to select a data set from a transient solution (to, for example, use it as starting heads), the dialog box shows the time steps available to select from, but they are not accessible. The user has to be on the desired time step prior to entering the dialog box and that is the time step which will be applied. I was going to look into it further prior to reporting it, but since I saw this discussion, I figured I would chime in....

• 2 weeks later...

I have confirmed that this problem where time steps in a transient data set are grayed out and cannot be selected while in the the "Select Data Set" dialog resulting from selecting the "3D Data Set -> Grid" button in an array is a bug in GMS 8.1.5. I have submitted this as a bug to the GMS developers for them to address.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.