GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Plot Wizard for Calibration Error Summary

Patricia

I need to retrieve the model error summary based on my observation coverage (Mean error, MAE and RMSE). I have always gone through the Plot Wizard to get it. Now the plot wiz says its not available and you need to right click on the model solution to see errors. When I do that I don't believe the numbers so I don't think I am doing this right or perhaps the function is not working. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Patricia

Beginning with MODFLOW 2000, MODFLOW computes the observation values for observed heads and flows. This information can be found in the some of the output from MODFLOW (like the *._os file).

Why do you think the numbers reported when you right-click on the solution are incorrect?

If your model is steady state you can go to your observation coverage and look at the computed and residual values for each point.

Beginning with MODFLOW 2000, MODFLOW computes the observation values for observed heads and flows. This information can be found in the some of the output from MODFLOW (like the *._os file).

Why do you think the numbers reported when you right-click on the solution are incorrect?

If your model is steady state you can go to your observation coverage and look at the computed and residual values for each point.

ok I see why the numbers were not correct: I had an old observation coverage that was throwing the statistics off. Even though it was not an active coverage for some reason it was incorporated in the error statistics. So I will delete it and re-run the model.

Also I think the term "error' is now being called 'residual' (ie Mean residual, Mean Abs residual, RMS residual).

Thanks for the post Alan. I should be ok now.