GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

GMS 8.1 mixes up polygone attributes

ThomasM

Well I installed GMS 8.1.3 and I run in the issue that GMS mixes up all the attributes for the polygons, in my case conductivity.

So for me, this version is not usable and I removed it.

It's always the same with new versions - even things that worked in earlier versions are in the new ones buggy.

I'm really mad about being used as alpha tester. I definitely have more imported things to do than spending time finding work around for all the bugs Aquaveo is producing.

I have installed GMS 8.0 again.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed also 8.1.3 and used an existing and working model.

Did map to modflow and a CHD boundary condition was gone.

The arc of the boundary condition was exactly on the boundary of the cells.

Moved the arc a little inside and the CHD boundary appeared again after map to modflow.

Will install the new update of 8.0 B)

• 4 weeks later...

I think we found the bug you are referring to yesterday. Yes, it's pretty major. We have fixed it and will be posting an update soon.

I've update to version 8.1.4.10260 64 bit, Build Date: Sep 28 2011and the bug still persists. I also encountered this bug in the latest version of GMS 8.0 .

Is there any workaround?? And witch version will be working without that bug??

Do I have to switch back to the latest GMS 7?

I've update to version 8.1.4.10260 64 bit, Build Date: Sep 28 2011and the bug still persists. I also encountered this bug in the latest version of GMS 8.0 .

Is there any workaround?? And witch version will be working without that bug??

Do I have to switch back to the latest GMS 7?

Looks like our last fix only partly addressed the problem. I've fixed the bug now and added tests for it. The fix will be in the next updates which should be soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like our last fix only partly addressed the problem. I've fixed the bug now and added tests for it. The fix will be in the next updates which should be soon.

Last weekend I received a mailing promoting GMS 8.1, but I did not notice any new update.

Has the problem been solved meanwhile? :blink:

• 1 month later...