GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

CMS-Flow Error: NaN Value Found in "ETA"

pkp_rc

I'm trying to create a circulation model using CMS-Flow, but have been running into the receiving the following error when I run the simulation: "NaN value found in "ETA"". It then assigns -888.0 values for all of my active cells except for at the boundary condition. I've recreated the grid several times to see if I could correct any obvious errors without any success. While I'm trying to sort out this problem, I am only running the model using WSE as a boundary condition. Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

Thanks,

Jeff

CMS_DIAG.TXT

I'm trying to create a circulation model using CMS-Flow, but have been running into the receiving the following error when I run the simulation: "NaN value found in "ETA"". It then assigns -888.0 values for all of my active cells except for at the boundary condition. I've recreated the grid several times to see if I could correct any obvious errors without any success. While I'm trying to sort out this problem, I am only running the model using WSE as a boundary condition. Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

Thanks,

Jeff

The WSE data I was using was one-hour data taken directly from a gage near the project site. Although the variations were quite small, it seems that the constant fluctuations were enough to make the model unstable, resulting in the error I was observing. After smoothing the WSE data the model was able to run.