GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Conversion of GMS model to Ctech's EVS

Brian Johnson

I am working with CTech's program called EVS or MVS. It comes with a program that says it can convert portions of GMS v4.0 models into the file format that it uses.

I see now that GMS is at version 6.5

Are there any file format differences between v4.0 and v6.5? If there are, is it possible to saved back to v4.0 from v6.5?

Sorry to be clueless - but I am not a GMS user. I just might have the chance to try and use EVS to visualize other people's GMS models.

Thanks!

Brian Johnson

I am working with CTech's program called EVS or MVS. It comes with a program that says it can convert portions of GMS v4.0 models into the file format that it uses.

I see now that GMS is at version 6.5

Are there any file format differences between v4.0 and v6.5? If there are, is it possible to saved back to v4.0 from v6.5?

Sorry to be clueless - but I am not a GMS user. I just might have the chance to try and use EVS to visualize other people's GMS models.

Thanks!

Brian Johnson

There are significant differences in the file formats. However, you can export most things in GMS to their legacy txt file formats. I am guessing that EVS reads these files.