GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Animation Crash

Hydrology

We have been unable to replicate this crash in GMS 8.0. If you are using a build of GMS 8.0 that is older than May 23, 2011 (GMS 8.0.7), will you please try updating to the latest build by selecting the appropriate link on the GMS Download Center?

Also, does the crash occur immediately after selecting "Display | Animate..." in GMS 8.0? Could you please provide us with your system information?

The crash occurs immediatly when the animate button is pressed. I am using GMS 8.0.6, but the "check for updates" button says that this is the latest version.

We have been unable to replicate this crash in GMS 8.0. If you are using a build of GMS 8.0 that is older than May 23, 2011 (GMS 8.0.7), will you please try updating to the latest build by selecting the appropriate link on the GMS Download Center?

Also, does the crash occur immediately after selecting "Display | Animate..." in GMS 8.0? Could you please provide us with your system information?

Edited by Hydrology

• 8 months later...

Sorry I have been so busy I havent been able to follow up on this until now. A client has been asking for an animation of the groundwater model that we recently developed. I am using GMS 8.1.6 and the crash on pressing the animation button occurs in both the 64bit and 32 bit versions of the model. The error occurs immediatly when I press on the animate button from the Display menu. This happens when a transient or steady state model is loaded or even if no model is loaded.

I am running Windows 7 professional 64bit. I have 32 gig of ram and an Nvidia GTX 590 graphics card. I have a 6 TB hard drive array with about 3 TB available. The machine has dual XENON 3.46 Ghz processors.

Any help would be appreciated. I sold the client on being able to use this feature, but now the software cannot deliver.