Jump to content
GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Bug with Generic Binary Dataset files export


pshyk
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello,

There seems to be a bug in SMS 11 beta in such situation:

I have a Generic Binary file with 30min time step (timeunits specified inside as seconds) created by 3rd party program.

I open it in SMS and time steps are displayed correctly.

Then I export it in SMS as another Generic Binary file.

And this exported file has all time step values divided by 86400 (the number of seconds in day), while the timeunits are still specified as seconds.

So, after opening this exported file in SMS I have incorrect time steps.

Also, why there is no "day" timeunits in Generic Binary file format?

Thanks,

Regards,

Pavlo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for reporting this bug and sorry for the trouble that it has caused.

It would be easiest to reproduce and fix this issue if you could send us some sample files that illustrate the behavior. If you would be willing to do this, contact support@aquaveo.com for upload instructions.

I'm not sure why we don't have days as an option in the binary dataset files. From the code, it looks like if you use 4 that it will treat the times as days. If you give this a try, please let me know whether it works or not.

Cheers,

Rusty

Hello,

There seems to be a bug in SMS 11 beta in such situation:

I have a Generic Binary file with 30min time step (timeunits specified inside as seconds) created by 3rd party program.

I open it in SMS and time steps are displayed correctly.

Then I export it in SMS as another Generic Binary file.

And this exported file has all time step values divided by 86400 (the number of seconds in day), while the timeunits are still specified as seconds.

So, after opening this exported file in SMS I have incorrect time steps.

Also, why there is no "day" timeunits in Generic Binary file format?

Thanks,

Regards,

Pavlo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uploaded sample files to here: ftp://pubftp.aquaveo.com/incoming/Pavlo_bug_20110526.rar (cannot create active link in post editor, sorry)

Description:

ls.14 - mesh,

sms_ws.dat - original generic binary file with 3 frames (0,1800,3600 seconds)

sms_ws_out.dat - exported generic binary file with incorrect time steps.

Instructions:

1) Open mesh.

2) Open sms_ws.dat file - time steps are correct, every 30 min.

3) Export ws dataset to generic binary file. You'll get the file identical to sms_ws_out.dat.

4) Open the exported file - time steps are incorrect. They are converted to days while time units specified are seconds.

Tried to use 4 as a time unit. Works. Thanks for this advise.

Suppose you should update description at http://wikis.aquaveo.com/xms/SMS:Binary_Data_Set_Files_(*.dat)

regards,

Pavlo

Thanks for reporting this bug and sorry for the trouble that it has caused.

It would be easiest to reproduce and fix this issue if you could send us some sample files that illustrate the behavior. If you would be willing to do this, contact support@aquaveo.com for upload instructions.

I'm not sure why we don't have days as an option in the binary dataset files. From the code, it looks like if you use 4 that it will treat the times as days. If you give this a try, please let me know whether it works or not.

Cheers,

Rusty

Edited by pshyk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...