GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Saving a default display option

Matt_Bilskie

Is there a way in SMS 10 or 11 to save a default display option? On one of my computers some options are selected to display by default (nodes, element, boundary, etc.) and on my other machine only elements are displayed by default. I am hoping I can select and save out what I want SMS to display by default when I open the program. This may save a few minutes so I do not have to set my usual display options every launch of SMS.

• Like 1

Hi,

Yes this is easy to do. Setup the display options the way that you want them and choose "File | Save settings." Note every project file has its current settings stored in it so a project file will overwrite these defaults.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rusty

Is there a way in SMS 10 or 11 to save a default display option? On one of my computers some options are selected to display by default (nodes, element, boundary, etc.) and on my other machine only elements are displayed by default. I am hoping I can select and save out what I want SMS to display by default when I open the program. This may save a few minutes so I do not have to set my usual display options every launch of SMS.