GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

Nodal attributes in ADCIRC

nidia85

Hi everyone,

I use ADCIRC to simulate the inudation forced by storm surge.Now I want to consider the roughness of land.Does anybody have used the nodal attributes of surface_directional_effective_roughness_length and surface_canopy_coefficient?

First,about the surface_directional_effective_roughness_length attribute,how shoud I calculate the twelve values for every node?I only have the altitude,latitude and longitude of every node,can you give me some thread that how should I use these data to get the value for this nodal attribute?Another question is how to deal with the Mountains and forest in this nodal attribute?

About the nodal attribute of surface_canopy_coefficient,if I can not be sure that how much arae of forest will be flooded,how should I use this nodal attribute for forest?

Thanks!

Nidia

You may have already looked here but I was able to find some information on the ADCIRC User Manual Website. Click here to go to the page that I was looking at.

It says that the 12 values in the surface_directional_effective_roughness_length are:

the roughness lengths "seen" by winds blowing from twelve different compass directions at each node

In the New Spacial Attribute window you can see that the "Att Dataset" column is in 30 degree increments.

You may have already looked here but I was able to find some information on the ADCIRC User Manual Website. Click here to go to the page that I was looking at.

It says that the 12 values in the surface_directional_effective_roughness_length are:

the roughness lengths "seen" by winds blowing from twelve different compass directions at each node

In the New Spacial Attribute window you can see that the "Att Dataset" column is in 30 degree increments.

Now I don't know how height is shyscaper and how to set the criterion?Can you recommend some publications to me ?And how to use the nodal attribute of surface_canopy_coefficient ?After all I don't know how much area will be flooded?Whether you simulate the progress to concern the inundation?

Thanks

Nidia